1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

A Fresh Eko 40 with 500 gal Storage Install

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by Franzen105, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Franzen105

Franzen105 New Member

Loc:
    Amery WI
    Gasifer, One of the problems i have is in the living space there is 3/4 inch plywood under 3/4 inches of hardwood floor through the entire house. So i kind of have a cap on my warm cement. I bought a 2 way Air- and Slab thermostat but it would not work with my relay system for some reason. So i am hoping by controlling the slab temp tighter will help the warm temps. Cuz i know my slab cools off way before the air in the house does, causing it to work harder once a day rather then short cycles more often. And once the slab warms up it over shoots the set air temp.
    Huffdog i am heating 3000 sq ft of slab on grade.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. woodsmaster

woodsmaster Minister of Fire

Loc:
    N.W. Ohio
    Biomass has induced draft and still have smoke problems like the others if not done right.
  3. I have a biomass in the basement. For the first two weeks I thought I had made a mistake because of all the smoke. But now I have learned how to operate it pretty much smoke free. Definitely a steep learning curve with any of these boilers.