A good day for pellet shopping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BJN644

Feeling the Heat
Nov 4, 2007
Maine
I stopped into the local TSC here in Augusta today and pellets are $249 a ton. They had Rocky Mountains, Maine Choice, and Maine Woods pellets all the same price. Not bad huh? So being the bargan shopper I am, I stop at the local Lowe's and let them know about TSC's deal. The guy at Lowe's say's "I'll match the price and take another 10% off" So, I bought 2 tons of Maine Choice pellets for $224 a ton.

I may go back for more, oink, oink.

dam, sweet deal, absolutley go back for more..like all of them!

Pelletsales.com (the actual company in Goffstown NH) just did a one day only pellet blowout sale (on site) today 8/1 from 8am-12pm. So I got pellets for $249/ton. Woohoo.

I just called my local Lowe's store. They will do a price match plus 10% as stated by you. Its also on there web site. Unfortunatly they don't have pellets in stock. There due in late August. The only catch is the brand name must be exactly the same for the price match!

My local TSC has Maine choice or Rocky Mountain pellets at $285.00/ton. And Lowe's is unknown right now. But I will follow up on your tip. 10% savings in these times iwill hep for sure!

Thanks for the tip!
jay

Status
Not open for further replies.