A New Stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjnamtiw

Minister of Fire
Nice looks doen't mean much when there's NOBODY to service it or provide warranty parts or service. As a matter of fact, the owners manual doesn't have a parts list, or a phone number or address to contact anyone.

IMO, stay away!

Nice looks doen't mean much when there's NOBODY to service it or provide warranty parts or service. As a matter of fact, the owners manual doesn't have a parts list, or a phone number or address to contact anyone.

IMO, stay away!
Yea, you're right, Imacman. I was thinking the same thing. If you read the manual, it is really bad pigeon English. If you buy one, you better own a machine shop or be a great tinkerer. Too bad because I like the advancemnt in control technology that shows you on a screen if the blowers are on, if the vacuum switch is open or closed, etc. I wish that were on all stoves. It would sure help troubleshooting, as you know.

The castle stoves have a parts list and contact info in their manual

Not good enough for our northern friends, not good enough for me either!

Ace Hardware is offering them shipped to a store for 999.99. A dealer said they had replacement parts for them and were selling them to people living in oil fields in campers to replace propane at $3gallon. Not having problems with them and customers like the controller.

Made by the same company that makes Cumberland and Hearthstone I believe.

Liquidating older unimproved controller HPS10 demos for 700 delivered. 90 day warranty. Ardisam is the same outfit as the Cumberland, same dealer network.

Status
Not open for further replies.