A OAK installation question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rudy426

Nov 22, 2011
S.E. Mn
I'm thinking about putting an OAK on the P-38 but this won't be a straight line install.
I have a slider style window next to the stove and am thinking of running the flex tube to it.
The window is 5 feet off the ground and to the right of stove, so the flex tube will rise up to that height.
Will I get good draw by doing this. Or will the OAK work like it should.
The reasoning behind this is:
With having the wood stove as a back up. I really don't want to have to put hole in the wall.
This way I can just pull the OAK out and then reinstall when needed. ( 10 minutes )
Just like I do with the A.C unit that goes there in the summer.
It won't be a pretty install with the flex tube running up instead of straight out
The flex tube will be 6' - 8' long.

I should work fine. You can use the approx. 3" dia flex dryer type material. It is smaller than the normal 4" dryer vent and it is pretty nice stuff, much cheaper than the heavy flex stuff

Just make sure you don't have any sharp bends in the flex such that it would restrict the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.