A questionable 6039 mod..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mustangwagz

Feeling the Heat
Oct 5, 2014
Western PA
hey folks,

got a king 5500 by US Stoves the other month for in the garge, picked it up on trade. After going over it, reading, cleaning etc etc, i found that the glass on bottom of door has an "air gap" for a clean was effect. It seems to work pretty good on that stove..

ive also got a 6039, basically the same as the 6041 only older.. (better if ya ask me..) anyhow my thoughts were "wander if i could do that air gap setup on the 6039 to create a cleaner window?" My pellets are ashy, and its just the nature of my stove to get dirty on the glass. Yes i clean the stove very regularly so it isnt a lack of maintenance. Also all my drives, motors, fans are new so it isnt a lack of anything.

Was just curious if anyone else in 6039 or 6041 land has tried this?

Status
Not open for further replies.