A scare x2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hareball

Dec 11, 2009
Jersey shore/pines
I have a friend and his wife up from Maryland and we did a 10 hour fishing trip and the stove still had a decent amount of coals. Now these 2 can't take the heat and I'll admit it's brutal in the living room where the stove is so I just wanted to get some coals built up so once they headed to bed I could get a good fire going to heat the home. I put in some kindling and small half rounds that are good and dry and put the screen on. We were all moving around unwinding and a knock on the door! I see it's some young guy I don't know and he say's "MISTER!! Your chimney is on fire!!! The stove is just a few feet behind me and everything was fine so I ran out and saw nothing then a small red ember...Went in took the screen out and closed the doors. I guess I was more shocked than scared lol

About an hour ago I walked into the living room and in the glass of the front door was lights from a firetruck...Now I'm scared!! Turns out it was the reflection of a fire scene on TV. :roll:

Things like that do tend to concentrate the attention. Glad it worked out good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.