A Skytech T-stat question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lebondj1

Nov 12, 2010
E.TN
I'm contemplating the Skytech either 3301p or the 5301p for our new pellet stove so I don't have to snake wires around. I'm hesitant due to the tx and rx using batteries. For those that have them how long do the batteries last? Do you have to reprogram every time you replace them?
If it is anything like my camera where the batteries last one outing then I'm not interested.

Battery life is great in mine. I change them once a year regardless
but never had them crap out beforehand. I can't remember
if I had to reprogram after swapping them with fresh ones but if
I did then it wasn't any big deal I guess otherwise I think I'd recall.

I have the Skytech 5301 for my gas fireplace and it works flawlessly. There is a low battery indicator on the transmitter to let you know when the juice is getting low - but I pro-actively replace the batteries every fall when I start using my fireplace again. You'll get a full year's use out of new batteries in your tx and rx. I believe you will have to re-program any custom settings in the 'P' models when replacing the batteries as the system will revert to factory settings.

What type of Pellet stove?

I have the 3301P. The batteries in the transmitter and receiver last me a full season. If you change the batteries you do not lose any programmed times/temps. I find that I just have to reenter the current time of day. Works great.

Same here. Put them in in the fall and take them out in the spring and use them in TV remotes, etc. Still plenty of life. I used the remote for the same reason. No easy way to get wiring over to the fireplace. Works flawlessly. I had to put the receiver outside of the cast side piece on my Castile to get reliable range but it's so small and easily hidden behind decorations (clutter.....).

does the skytech 5301p work with the castile. looks like a sweet remote. i have the quad remote but like the idea of set times.

i bought the 3301 P2 and am very happy with it, a bit pricey compared to wired units but am happy, bought mine a month or so ago.

Great- Thanks for the responses. I really like the idea of moving the t-stat around to find the best location and not having to fish wires through the walls or attic.

Fish On said:
does the skytech 5301p work with the castile. looks like a sweet remote. i have the quad remote but like the idea of set times.

That is one very sweet controller! Much fancier than my 'basic' Skytech. Looks like the same receiver so it will be no problem to just hook it to the two center terminals on the Castile. I'm jealous but also I have the extra money in MY pocket! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.