A Ton of statesman pellets.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dw06

Nov 15, 2010
SW Pa
Picked up a ton of SS brand of pellets yesterday. Never tried them, and reviews are mixed. Used the TSC brand last three years and they were good. Anyhow on way home of course it started to rain, had to stop and tarp the trailer as I break the skid down and spread out the load as its better than trying to ratchet strap the whole skid, which never works in the trailer do to the movement. So got home and house was cool so decided to put a bag in stove and try them out. Must say they are at least the 2nd most hot burning pellets I've ever had. I'm impressed enough I will get couple more ton to burn this winter.

Cost per ton?

Paid $265.80 a ton. Hard to believe that last year this time paid $199 ton, and they had one brand I can't remember at 3 tons for $500.

Yeah, Just curious. The price jacking has many here not very happy and with the other heating fuels costs down it makes for a tough one to swallow. I had not heard of those pellets but it's nice to know they are decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.