A Woman's Work Is Never Done ....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
20140810_144514_1.jpg

Oy yi yi !!

20140810_144549.jpg

The other side ! This firewood is for the 13.

20140810_144731.jpg

Main stack this year. Fuels the PE.

20140810_144758_1.jpg

One of my piles of "too bigs". All of it is ready to go this year, or will be. Alot of pine coming in, which makes me smile.

20140810_144918.jpg

2nd main stack.

20140810_145044.jpg

Basement entrance emergency wood pile, working on more.

20140810_144934.jpg

The work horse. I'll have atleast 2 more rows on the back deck. That's my emergency / stacks incrusted in ice / can't get to stacks due to snow, etc emergency pile. It becomes my main stacks from March to whenever I stop burning.

Attachments

• 20140810_145116.jpg
    20140810_145116.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Sounds like a good plan. I also keep a decent stack pretty close, just in case...

Looks like you're ready to rumba!

I am ready to rumble.

Last winter kicked my butt. No more !!

Reactions: osagebow and 7acres
Almost forgot .... this is sitting in the bed of the truck. split it, and burn it. I'm in firewood heaven, here !!

20140811_194317.jpg

Reactions: 7acres
Lookin good Dixie......

I checked with Dix today and the stacks fortunately didn't go underwater in the deluge they had on LI yesterday. A few miles from her they would have.

Bloody mess here yesterday. 20 miles to the west got slammed.

I am in East Islip, Long Island. We got hammered. The town about 2 miles to the west of us got 13' yesterday, so we probably got as much or close. No flooding by my house, but Main St in Islip was underwater. This is probably my first post, so Hi everyone. I'll have one big MoFo of a post in a couple weeks regarding a free wood delivery and subsequent need for a 25' wide, 7.5' deep, 7' high wood shed that as of today is about 90% finished.

Reactions: Woody Stover
I am in East Islip, Long Island. We got hammered. The town about 2 miles to the west of us got 13' yesterday, so we probably got as much or close. No flooding by my house, but Main St in Islip was underwater. This is probably my first post, so Hi everyone. I'll have one big MoFo of a post in a couple weeks regarding a free wood delivery and subsequent need for a 25' wide, 7.5' deep, 7' high wood shed that as of today is about 90% finished.

Welcome to the forums !!!!!

It was not pretty here yesterday !

Feel real bad for the family with the dog that got washed away. Sad.

The ground has been so dry, no way it could handle that pounding.

split it, and burn it. I'm in firewood heaven, here !!
Gotta love that! ==c We got a couple of cords for my wife's cuz over the last couple days, just grabbing stuff that's dead and ready to go. Earlier this year I got maybe four cords for my two SILs, from behind their houses...dry as a bone. At some point though, you use all that easy stuff up and, around here anyway, you have to start burning the ubiquitous Red Oak. I need to be two years out on everybody's stash by then... :oops:
town about 2 miles to the west of us got 13' yesterday
Welcome, t1! :) We've gotten a couple rains like that over the years but not lately. Hard for anyplace to handle that kind of volume over a day or two.

We missed that storm down here but that's rare. Seems like we usually get slammed with a Noah's Ark type of storm at least once a summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.