A wood burner is born

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had my 3 year old helping me w/ kindling tonight. Nothing more satisfying to a father than watching his son want to keep up with the old man.

One of the guys I process a lot of firewood with brought his 6 year old one day. The boy has some small "weaponry" he does quite well with when splitting small stuff. When he picked up dad's 10lb sledge to hit a wedge he put in a log nobody said a word, when he lifted it up, everyone looked at each other, when he hit himself in the head with it, everyone looked at him, when he looked at us, we all looked away; He didn't cry, we didn't laugh.

I look forward to knowing that boy when he becomes an adult.

pen

This is thread should probably come with a warning to diabetics--it's just too dang cute. Looked out the window this evening as I was making dinner and watched my 17 year old carrying the chainsaw and gas back to the garage. He looked tired, but a little self-satisfied, too. They can still make your heart turn over, even when their feet get big and stinky . . .

Well done, rotnik!

Status
Not open for further replies.