Absolute 63, and pellet stove on dedicated circuit?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
think i might go ahead with the xxv see how that heats the house. It should be fine for 1800 sq ft. If not I can always upgrade down the road. I was told never to buy a brand new model of anything in the first year anyways. let them work the bugs out first

just got an email from harman they said the launch date for the 63 is hopefully this fall. nothing definite yet. I wonder the price of it?
Really, good to know. The price, you can bet it will be quite high. The 43 is selling for 4500 where I am. The 63 will probably be at least a grand more. There prices have really gone up since I bought my first stove from Harmen, yet the warranty has gone down. Used to be 3 year on all electrical and 6 year on body. Now 2 year on electrical, which kinda worries me you if you want the new 43 with digital electronics. A lot can go wrong with that, they should give you a longer warranty on that one.

think i might go ahead with the xxv see how that heats the house. It should be fine for 1800 sq ft. If not I can always upgrade down the road. I was told never to buy a brand new model of anything in the first year anyways. let them work the bugs out first
I had the xxv, just bought it last year, guess it had been out a couple years though. Still had major problems with that stove and alot of people have. Read a lot of bad reviews about the air wash not working (mine did not) and a squealing sound in the auger. Goggle it. I don't know if they fixed that problem or not. I will say, it throws out great heat though and I'm sure it will heat your home, depending on walls, etc. It has a horrible ash pan though, it does not cover the whole bottom. so most of your ash you have to sweep out from the sides on the bottom, its a pain, the pan is tiny!! Don't know why they would make a pan that does not fully cover the bottom, I had ashes falling out the door. It heats good, but too many things that didn't work right on it and you have to clean it constantly. Harmen ended up refunded me (it was quit an ordeal) because I had so many problems, hey. maybe I just got a lemon--sorry Harmen, I'm sure they would not want me to say that, as they think all their stoves are perfect!

Thats to bad to hear lightmyfire. I have read a lot of good and bad on a lot of stoves that I have been interested in. I was going to get an e2 but then I decided I didn't want the thing to blow up:) I got a really good deal on the xxv for 3900 out the door in brown enamel. So I figure I'll give it a shot

Yes I wonder to. Where do you write to them to ask. If it was coming out this Fall, you would think they would have a definite answer by now.
I bet its over 5 grand though!!!

Thats to bad to hear lightmyfire. I have read a lot of good and bad on a lot of stoves that I have been interested in. I was going to get an e2 but then I decided I didn't want the thing to blow up:) I got a really good deal on the xxv for 3900 out the door in brown enamel. So I figure I'll give it a shot
So did you get it?? Well I got mine for 3600 out the door, it was a sale though in the Spring last year. I told ya it did not work well for me, but I might of just got a lemon. They are picking it up tomorrow, so off to look for another one for this winter. Have my doubts on another Harmen, too much of a hassle if you have a problem. Hassled for 9 months before I was refunded, don't ever want to go through that again. Just make sure you have a good dealer because he's the one that you have to go through for everything. Good Luck, it is a pretty stove, but the ashpan sucks, way to small and does not cover the whole bottom so you have to sweep that out everytime, don't know why they designed it like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.