Accentra 2 Age?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the process of getting this stove cleaned up and ready to test fire this weekend and I have a question about removing the feeder door assembly. This is the older style chain drive and in trying quickly last night to remove the feeder door it seems there is a drive motor assembly very close to the door. Does anything else need to be removed to remove the door and clean out the feeder housing? I removed the wing nut but It did not seem like the feeder door wanted to come off easily past the motor assembly. I should also note that it looks like in the schematic that the wing nut is at the bottom of the door but it is actully in the center on my stove.
The easiest way to get the door off the sawdust box is to remove the chain & feed motor. The chain sprocket has a set screw. put the stove in test mode until the set screw is easy to get to. Once you loosen the screw, you can take the chain off. Then loosen the 4 5/16" screws off the feed motor. The motor comes off the bracket, & now the door is very easy to get off. When you put the chain back on, make sure you tighten the set screw on the FLAT part of the feed motor shaft.

Well all cleaned up and running. It took about 8 to 10 minutes or so to get an active fire going. Seems to feed, fire and flow as it should. Not exactly sure how active the flame should be but when in room temp mode I assume it can be all over the map?
There should be a black wire coming off the back of the stove - that's the Room Sensor wire. Once you set the temp on the stove, it should be within 5º of what your wall thermometer is set at. If not, try moving the wire off the floor, to the left or right of the stove - a different location.

It's in place I just need to get a 6" piece of vent pipe instead of 12". My wife of 20 years says that's a guy thing!

20151030_183301-960x1280-jpg.165685.jpg

Looks like you have the stove on the Harman cast iron pad, then on a hardwood floor. It's the same as I have mine...no "hearth pad" underneath the cast iron pad. Reading the Harman installation brochure it seemed that this was proper, and when I had the building inspector out to sign off on the installation (I did the installation myself, I certainly didn't want and issues with my insurance company in the event of a problem), he seemed impressed with it all.

That said, what I can add here is be to careful when doing any maintenance on the burn pot while the stove is in use...I got into the habit of idling the stove for 30 minutes, then opening the front up to do a quick scrape of the burn pot, wipe the front glass, check the buildup of ash in the hopper. Somehow allowed a couple of embers to hit the floor few inches in front of the stove...now have a couple of burn marks, very light, but burn marks none the less in the front of the stove out about 5 inches. Aaaargh.

Changed my way of performing that maintenance since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.