Accentra 52i Problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalancheman

Jan 1, 2013
Southwest Missouri
I have a new 52i and was wondering is this normal for the glass to get this dirty after four bags of Somersets? Several months ago we bought a new Accentra 52i to replace our old EF3. I have had several problems of the burn pot getting stopped up with ash and clinkers. Also the igniter got stopped up with ash as well and had to be removed and cleaned. Please note I have cleaned this stove after three or four bags pellets and was still having problems. I have only run ½ of a ton of pellets through the stove so far.

After three trips for the service tech and calls to Harman we have come to the conclusion the problem is the combustion fan cover not fitting properly. Please note I am connected to an OAK. Have 16 feet of four inch vertical vent pipe and the only pellets run through the stove are Somersets.

Long story short with the latch push down to lock the combustion fan cover into position, the cover fit sloppy loose and was leak air past the edges of the cover. The stove will only pull .30 on the draft meter (magehelic) and was not pushing enough air into the burn pot. As an experiment the cover was sealed with metal tape and that fixed the problem until the tape come loose. Then this past Thursday the stove was thoroughly clean and the combustion cover was washed and dry and sealed with Mill-Pac sealant. Before the cover was sealed and installed, two small angle iron tabs were welded on the sides to place a screwdriver into to break the cover loose to clean the fan and exhaust port. The Mill-Pac sealant is not an adhesive so I hope that cover come loose when I need to thoroughly clean the stove. The tech failed to recheck the draft setting with the draft meter. The ash and clinker problems have greatly improved only getting a small clinkers along the burn pot outer edges. I just thought my glass would stay cleaner and four bags of pellets. When I bought the unit they really brag how clean the glass would stay.

Attachments

• 12-22-13 glass.jpg
    12-22-13 glass.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 244
I have the same issue with my glass getting dirty on my p35i. I have 2 of them and the only thing that helps is burning Douglas Firs, and that only gives me three days of reasonable cleanliness. I only burn the good stuff and the druggies are the only pellet to give a little relief

Status
Not open for further replies.