accentra starting problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

6tonsperyear

Sep 30, 2009
sw ohio
I've had my accentra for about 6 years with not many problems but trying to start for the first time this season i get combustion blower then the lights for igniter and feed but niether one of those two are actually working. Tried unplugging several times to no avail. Any ideas?

Did you try putting it in test mode to see if the pellet feed auger works then? If it doesn't work then, maybe it could be a jammed auger, or spent auger motor? If the auger doesn't feed pellets then of course the ignitor can't heat them up and light them.

I agree with Mark, sounds like a jammed auger to me!!! If you put it in test mode and still get the same resilts, you'll have to get to the back and look to see if any wires are off or cut!!! Then worst case the auger motor is locked up, one thing I'd try is to fill the burn pot with some pellets by hand and see if they light!!!

There is also a vaccum sensor that will prevent the auger from running if there is too much resistance in the pipe (from ash or bees nest, birds nest, ect.). Same thing will occur if the doors are open or the ash pan is not latched in.

thanks for the reply guys. I'll give it a good cleaning and check in the back but what puzzles me is that the igniter doesnt work either and i get the same thing in test mode except the distribution fan works then, in either case all the lights are working

thats a pretty good indicator that its the vaccum switch. if it won't feed pellets it won't run the ignitor, but all the lights would come on.

thanks delta-t for that reply. do you think a good cleaning might solve the vacuum switch problem or is this going to require new parts? it's gittin cold in here!

delta t is correct..
Vacuum switch breaks the neutral to both feed and ignitor so lights will come on but neither will work.
Some things to check...
First turn stove on and open the door you should hear the combustion blower sucking air in, if you don't it is probably froze up.
It usually happens over the summer and won't start in the fall.
So if it's not spinning unplug the stove, take the ash pan out, pull the covers and spin the fan...... some times this is all it takes, it should spin freely.

If combustion blower is working then again Delta is correct, check your pipe for birds nests etc.

Then door gaskets etc.

I bet it's the fan though :)

good observation GVA. If the combustion fan no spinny, no vac pressure, no feed pellets. So, flick that fan impeller, and then clean your pipe and then see what happens. Good luck!

thanks guys. you were right , no vacuum cause the flu was plugged. boy do i feel stupid! cleaned everything up...beautiful first fire of the year! you gotta keep em clean! seeya

I think it was just some junk left from the end of last season. i sure didnt think there was that much in there but it must have broken loose over the summer and fell to the elbow and locked her up tight. of course that doesnt take much with that small of a pipe!

Status
Not open for further replies.