Action shots

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckarotka

Minister of Fire
Sep 21, 2009
Northwest PA on the lake
I couldn't pass this Hemlock up. I was already down, limbed, and dragged right to where I could back up to. I still don't understand how some guys don't like these timberjack things because they work great for me. To each his own. I managed to lift a 15-17" log (11' long or better) and cut it no prob.

In the one pic I use the little 1lb sledge to set the hook in so it doesn't slip out and flip it up.

Attachments

• action.jpg
    action.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 478
  • carterhelping.jpg
    carterhelping.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 469
  • dump.jpg
    dump.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 434
ckarotka said:
...I still don't understand how some guys don't like these timberjack things because they work great for me...
glad to hear someone say that. i got one for my bday and think I'll like it, too.

Danno, I've used this only twice now but both times it worked just as expected. I borrowed this one but I think Santa is gonna bring me one of my own. All these logs were buried in the weeds, it was nice to raise them up to cut'em. This score was all log length about 11'-15' and the tool saved me a lot of time. I think I loaded the truck in about 2 hours.

Charlie

I've never seen one that was worth it's weight in....well, better not said.

They are cumbersome, hard to work with and it takes more time to cut using them. No, for my money a good cant hook is all you need and you'll get the job done much faster and easier. Still, some folks do like them....

Gotta love the stuff you can back up to especially when you have a stacking buddy helping out in the truck bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.