Acutron 2 components?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Newuser22

Nov 29, 2015
Ns
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me what one of the components are on my circuit board that is blown. I want to replace it and see if that works before buying a whole new board. Everything works fine except for the fan won't come on. After looking at the board it is clear that one piece is blown. Anyone know what this part is? I need to know what the 3 black components are that are standing up in the lower right of the picture. image.jpg

Should be a MAC228 Triac. Easy to replace and make sure fan is working ok (bearings aren't dry/seized) or your new part will be short lived due to high current draw

Reactions: Newuser22
Thanks a lot guys for the responses. I can't get the part number off the bad one (which is the top one in the picture) as that plastic piece with the number was thrown off when it fried. Is MA

Status
Not open for further replies.