1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Add me to the Harman XXV buzz list

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by TedNH, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TedNH

TedNH Member

Loc:
    Surry NH
    GRRRR...
    My stove started buzzing a month or so back.
    Called the dealer and he will be here tomorrow at 2.
    Says he knows exactly what the issue is. Something about a heat sheild being installed to close to a bolt or something.
    I just went over and cranked in up to stove temp high and #9 to heat the house up before I go to bed and its buzzing like an american car built in the 80's....jeesh.

On the up side I am yet to see my furnace come on. Woot!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Maineiac

Maineiac Member

Loc:
    Scarborough, ME
    I haven't had any problems with my XXV, yet. Knock on wood. Let us know what they do to fix your stove.
  3. TedNH

TedNH Member

Loc:
    Surry NH
    Tech implemented the factory "clamp" repair. I never realized how much noise it was making other than the buzz. Much better now.
    With temps forecasted to drop into the teens tonight Im glad its fixed and I can sleep in peace.
  4. TedNH

TedNH Member

Loc:
    Surry NH
    and I have been wondering why my house is now cold and the stove wont crank the heat....tech left the feed rate at 1. oops. cranked that up to 3.5 and now its really warming up in here. Love my XXV!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.