Add me to the Harman XXV buzz list

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TedNH

Aug 30, 2006
Surry NH
GRRRR...
My stove started buzzing a month or so back.
Called the dealer and he will be here tomorrow at 2.
Says he knows exactly what the issue is. Something about a heat sheild being installed to close to a bolt or something.
I just went over and cranked in up to stove temp high and #9 to heat the house up before I go to bed and its buzzing like an american car built in the 80's....jeesh.

On the up side I am yet to see my furnace come on. Woot!

Tech implemented the factory "clamp" repair. I never realized how much noise it was making other than the buzz. Much better now.
With temps forecasted to drop into the teens tonight Im glad its fixed and I can sleep in peace.

and I have been wondering why my house is now cold and the stove wont crank the heat....tech left the feed rate at 1. oops. cranked that up to 3.5 and now its really warming up in here. Love my XXV!

Status
Not open for further replies.