Adding a blower on my hand fired coal stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

digger104

Hearth Supporter
Sep 6, 2008
Central Pa.
I'm thinking about adding a blower on the bottom door of my hand fired tasso wood - coal boiler, The stove has been burning the coal very nicely, but I thought that I could add a blower for faster start ups and hotter fire when needed, What size blower should I use ( CFM ) I would like to keep the physical size down, I will have to cut the door so I should have some type of flange mount, also where would a good place to buy a blower, I have been scouting E-bay. I have used the shop air compressor but kinda a pain and quit a bit of dust, which is not to bad being in my work shop.

You can get the blower from Grainger's, get a squirrel cage type about 50 cfm.

your going to need a draft inducer type of blower cfm are low and that will help you from over fireing.This is how some coal burners come new!

Status
Not open for further replies.