Adding humidity

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragracer300

Nov 20, 2010
Ohio
I have seen several pics on the net of pellet stoves with a pot or kettle on top like you would use on a wood stove. Are these mostly for looks or do they help add humidity? My stove hardly gets warm on top the old wood stoves would boil the water so do these help on not?
Thanks

One thing I do to add some humidity is to not/don't use the bathroom fan while showering. It does add some, Just look at the mirror. Free too!

j-takeman said:
One thing I do to add some humidity is to not/don't use the bathroom fan while showering. It does add some, Just look at the mirror. Free too!

no fan in the shower.....and I thought I was the only one doing this for added moisture

dragracer300 said:
I have seen several pics on the net of pellet stoves with a pot or kettle on top like you would use on a wood stove. Are these mostly for looks or do they help add humidity? My stove hardly gets warm on top the old wood stoves would boil the water so do these help on not?
Thanks

I'm guessing that the great majority are decorative only.

I have a cast iron hand painted kettle on my stove. It was purley decorative untill I changed the burn settings on the stove. Untill Yesterday the only hot area on the stove was the door with settings of 1-3-1. Now with settings of 3-4-1, I finally have some nice heat output on heat range 4-7. The top is not hot enough to boil water, but it is hot to touch and any heat causes quicker evaporation.

Status
Not open for further replies.