Adjustable legs for insert?????????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeLikeUmFire

Hearth Supporter
Sep 17, 2009
Lapeer, Michigan
I bought a used Regency R14 insert. There are threaded spacers at the back of the box for adjustable feet to go on. None came with insert. Can i just go to home depot and try to find bolts to fit??? What type of metal bolt should I look for? Could I just shim whole back of box with fire brick????

Attachments

• Adjustable legs for insert?????????
    Photo944.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 195
That just looks like a standard 3/8" or 1/2" National coarse thread redi-rod coupling tacked on to the insert. A normal NC bolt would do. Probably just to use for leveling if existing fireplace bed is un-even.

Carriage bolt is what you need. Domed head with a square nut under the head that you can put an open ended wrench on for final adjustments.

The pic below is of the Carriage leveling bolt on my insert. Very handy to achieve perfect level without without shiming...

Attachments

• Adjustable legs for insert?????????
    Bolt.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 163
I would do as the others suggested. It would be better than the piece of 2X4 under it in the pic. :p

Steve

Put cheap sheet metal under the levelers after you get them installed for when you slide the insert into the fireplace. Those levelers eat fireplace bricks when you slide them around installing an insert.

Status
Not open for further replies.