Advance feeder weldment directions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

flashbang

Hearth Supporter
Jul 13, 2008
NY
I have a defective feeder weldment on my Advance2 that needs to be replaced. Harmon told me my dealer will replace it and also make some kind of modification. I also have a burn pot with the 5 holes at the base which probably lead to the failure of the auger tube. I understand that with the new feeder weldment replacement kit are directions that specify to see it the stove has the old type burn pot with the 5 holes and replace with a new one without the holes.
Anyone have a copy of these direction I can see?
Thank you

the only directions I have seen, Flashbang, is on a DVD that Harman made a bit ago and distributed to some dealers as an instruction on how exactly to do this....it broke it down to stove type.....Accentras and XXV's seemed to be the worst, and the P-series, the easiest. And no, its not available online, and I dont beleive its available to the public, or even whether or not it is still even produced.

kit still comed with same dvd but they have included some additions to it on paper.

rickwa said:
kit still comed with same dvd but they have included some additions to it on paper.

the kits we have received havent had the DVD's...we got ours months ago, before the ktis came out.....

Lousyweather said:
the only directions I have seen, Flashbang, is on a DVD that Harman made a bit ago and distributed to some dealers as an instruction on how exactly to do this....it broke it down to stove type.....Accentras and XXV's seemed to be the worst, and the P-series, the easiest. And no, its not available online, and I dont beleive its available to the public, or even whether or not it is still even produced.

The place that did my replacement was given a dvd and they said that they could not have done it without it.

swalz said:
Lousyweather said:

The place that did my replacement was given a dvd and they said that they could not have done it without it.

Then the DVD is a success, right? Its a nuts-and-bolts changeover, actually, and surprises me that they "couldnt have done it without it"......interesting.....but glad you have yours fixed!

the replacement of the 5 hole burn pot is referenced in the video. if the dealer has any question of that he needs to contact harman. dont let him tell you "it will be fine"

Lousyweather said:
swalz said:
Lousyweather said:

Then the DVD is a success, right? Its a nuts-and-bolts changeover, actually, and surprises me that they "couldnt have done it without it"......interesting.....but glad you have yours fixed!

No dealer has service techs in my area so it was a headache to get it repaired and did cost me some money to do under warranty. I think the dealers here will start to see more of these issues and will need to find a service company that will work with them. Looks like I was the first in my area but won't be the last.

Maybe I should start repairing pellets stoves and start making some money on the side, my days are open since I work nights. :coolgrin:

swalz said:
Lousyweather said:
swalz said:
Lousyweather said:

No dealer has service techs in my area so it was a headache to get it repaired and did cost me some money to do under warranty. I think the dealers here will start to see more of these issues and will need to find a service company that will work with them. Looks like I was the first in my area but won't be the last.

Maybe I should start repairing pellets stoves and start making some money on the side, my days are open since I work nights. :coolgrin:

swalz- just make your way up this way and I'll give you comprehensive training on service. bring your 5/16 socket and some bandaids (trust me, you'll bang some knuckles).

Status
Not open for further replies.