Advice With Selling Price

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1GCB

Hearth Supporter
Feb 3, 2009
Central Rhode Island
Hello everyone,

This is my first post (gleaned much info by reading) and want to thank all of you for this great forum with its wealth of knowledge! Although I have had my Dutchwest (large) for about 20 years, started burning frequently the past 3 years. Now that I am semi-retired, the burning bug has hit and I have the time to appreciate it. Also enjoy making wood piles, wood racks, operating my chain saw & reciprocating saw, atv, lower oil consumption and of course the warmth and feeling of a wood stove fire.

My Dutchwest is doing a fair job in my home (2,400 sq. ft. cape ann--1st. floor approx. 1,400 sq. ft.), especially since I replaced the catalytic last year. But, I would like to get longer burn times (oak--5 to 6 hr. max) and be more efficient with my wood and heat (use less oil).

Hope to purchase a Woodstock Fireview soon. Their Spring sale price and the stimulus package (30% tax credit) are very enticing. Also, my son goes to graduate school 2 or 3 miles away from the factory--perfect for a visit to both!

I would like to sell my Consolidated Dutchwest, but need help with a fair selling price (fair for both parties and a quick sale). Took these photos today. I would like to ask those of you in the know for your input. It has the optional blower and what you see in the photos. As you can see, it is the older 2-door (large) model. I was going to ask $400. Again, everything works, no problems--just want some newer technology.

Thanks for your help,
John from little Rhody

Attachments

• Advice With Selling Price
    Dutchwest-2.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 486
  • Advice With Selling Price
    Dutchwest-3.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 496
KB1GCB said:
(2,400 sq. ft. cape ann--1st. floor approx. 1,400 sq. ft.)

Cape Ann! Never heard of such a thing. Is that what you call a Cape Cod house way down to the southard there? Looks like a beautiful stove for $400.00, great deal for the buyer at any rate, but what do I know. I am sure someone with some knowledge will chime in soon enough.

Sounds like a fair price to me. That is a very nice looking hearth, a Fireview would look awesome there.

You have a beatiful hearth there - one of the nicest I've seen. Your stove looks incredibly well maintained and I think $400 asking price will get you some very interested buyers in short order. I say take the first $350 or so and run! The deal for the new Fireview (if the tax credit really does come through) really is a once-in-a-lifetime price. And I agree, it will look beautiful in your space.

MarkG

Welcome the the site.

As the others have said, beautiful hearth.

Hello and thanks for the friendly welcome and compliments on our hearth. When our house was being built 22 years ago, we showed the mason a picture of a hearth we liked and he just did his own thing. He took pride in his work and wanted to please us--he did!

Appreciate your input for helping me to determine a fair asking/selling price. Now I will list my photo & price on greg's list and local bulletin boards. I hope I can move it when the time comes. &^)

Again, thank you for such an informative forum--it's always an enjoyable learning experience!

John from little Rhody

KB1GCB:

I'm curious whether the brass/copper colored surround on the stovepipe (immediately above the stovetop) is a heat exchanger/reclaimer of some kind. If so, could you tell me a little about it including make and availability. Does it work well? Is there a fan hidden from view?

I'm interested in finding or building something similar.

Thanks.

Peter B.

-----

Nice looking hearth.

As a person looking for a good solid epa stove in the used market (not in your area though) It sounds like you would be asking a fair price, especially with the fresh cat.

Good luck.

I’m curious whether the brass/copper colored surround on the stovepipe (immediately above the stovetop) is a heat exchanger/reclaimer of some kind. If so, could you tell me a little about it including make and availability. Does it work well? Is there a fan hidden from view?

I’m interested in finding or building something similar.

Thanks.

Peter B

Hi Peter,

No, the brass on the stovepipe is decorative only--it's only for looks. The only fan is on the back of the stove (rheostat control) that forces air out the front corners of the Dutchwest. I hope I answered your question.

Nice looking hearth.

As a person looking for a good solid epa stove in the used market (not in your area though) It sounds like you would be asking a fair price, especially with the fresh cat.

Good luck.

Thanks!--John

Status
Not open for further replies.