After 4 days of heavy rain I wish I had covered my wood pile

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my wood was drying very nicely until it rained for the last 4 days. On Friday the storm was so bad, lightning killed 2 people just down the road. And winds were gusting to 70-80 MPH. I didn't know the 2 people that died from the lightning strike, but the news said that the 2 people were chasing their dog that had run away with their kids eyeglasses.

Don't worry...good wood is not a spunge, it doesn't wick up much moisture. One nice sunny day and you'll be back where you started.

Sorry to hear about the toll of the storms.

Sorry to hear about the death toll on your neighbors. Hopefully some near by fuel hit the ground so something good comes out of a long storm.

I am worried about my wood drying too. I have my rows up on palates, so they are off the ground but they aren't covered. I am totally against tarps! There should be a club for " people against tarps " but I haven't found it yet! Hope my wood dries with this summer weather we have been having!

J

Don't worry Joe the wood will be fine.

it will be fine. mine is still uncovered. not a big deal whatsoever.

Just echoing what others have said Joe, you're wood will be fine......one dry sunny day, and you're right back where you were before the rain.

Mine's up on pallets, and got soaked last night and Fri night as well. Don't bother covinging it until sometime in Nov or so (before snow).

Heard about those two in Standish......what are the chances?

Status
Not open for further replies.