Just thought Id share some of my opinions in my first year of burning pellets. Long but informative!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, are you comparing apples to apples? Most people keep their house warmer with pellets than oil? Did you use to set your oil burner at the same temp as your pellet stove? If not, your savings could vary even more.

In my previous house we had a heat pump. We set that at 68 and the house rarely made it to 68. Electric bills were easily north of 400/month. Got the pellet stove, house was around 71 @ 1 bag a day. Our electric bill plummeted to 50 a month. We experienced over a 50% savings.
Cool Beans... I am a bag every 30 hours and season to date about $300 bucks in Nat Gas:cool:. Burn on:)

Status
Not open for further replies.