ahh seasoned wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osagebndr

Minister of Fire
Feb 20, 2014
Central Indiana
For the last year or so I've been getting a ton of ash . the wood I have for this year is mainly ash. White ash I believe, but it is so nice to finally have well seasoned wood for some good heat.this pic is 20 min after a cold start stove top is500°

Attachments

• 20151116_184027.jpg
    20151116_184027.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 167
I had 25 ash trees cut off my lot a year ago and kept all of the large rounds, bigger than 6 to 8 inches. I split about a cord of it last fall and am burning it now in an standard fireplace/with doors setup with plans on installing a wood stove in the spring. Looking back I wish I had kept everything but the tops at this point. Too much stacking was my thought..... Ash is great, but I hated to see the trees go to the EAB.

Reactions: Osagebndr
For the last year or so I've been getting a ton of ash . the wood I have for this year is mainly ash. White ash I believe, but it is so nice to finally have well seasoned wood for some good heat.this pic is 20 min after a cold start stove top is500°
No comparison. Seasoned wood burns hotter of course, but also last longer and very little smoke out the chimney.

Reactions: Osagebndr
My ash also came from EAB devastated trees. Sucks cause they are such a pretty tree but the heat is awesome. My stove got up to 700° and us now cruising at 600°. I love wood heat!

Status
Not open for further replies.