Ahhhh . . . . first burn of the season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RKS130

Minister of Fire
Oct 14, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
So, here we are, mid September. Despite my end of season cleaning last year, I took a little time this weekend to re-clean the stove, remove the DampRid and get ready for the new season . . . my fourth with pellets. Dragged a few bags of Green Supremes home from Home Depot (burned every last bag I had last year) and got myself set up for cooler weather.

Don't you know it...in the forties Sunday night and the stove kicks in smooth as silk....

Still love my stove and will never be without one! Looks like I will have to burn Green Supreme this year as our local HD does not have any Fireside Ultras and I want to get my 5 tons now. Oh well. To be honest, after an overnight burn the glass was much cleaner than I expected and I would rather get my pellets now than wonder if they will get what I want later.

Life is a trade off!

I wasn't planning my first burn until overnight temps drop to the mid 30's later this week, but decided a test burn to take the chill off tonight was a good idea :)
Stove fired right up and is humming along beautifully in it's 3rd season. 5 + tons stacked in the basement and ready for whatever winter throws at us.

Status
Not open for further replies.