Aiming Heat from Pellet Insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanPorges

Sep 14, 2011
Natick, MA
Hi Everyone, its been a while since I have been on the forum as I have been enjoying the very warm summer here in the North East. However, as these nights are falling into the 30's, I am finding I want to turn the pellet stove back on. But, I have a question...........

We have done a lot of remodelling of our home lately and would like to put our dining room furniture in front of the fireplace where our insert is placed. Last year, our furniture that was there actually began to warp and was visibly dry from the heat and air circulation the pellet stove was plast it with. The new dining set is relatively high end, solid wood, and I dont want to risk the same thing happening. Is there any way to attach a louver or other sort of angled directional guide for the air coming off the front of the unit? I am willing to build one if anyone has recommended patterns or ideas of material to use or not use?

Oh yeah, I should probably tell you I am running a Regency Greenfire GFI55 Insert to help with any suggestions.
Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.