Air quality while using the woodstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Exactly. Our fist son great ,the second- that son of a gun was difficult from the get go, took a number of years of military service to straigten him out ( guess who has 4 boys of his own now - Karma) also have a very nice daughter, but don't mess with her the results will not be healthy.

I also noticed an increase in pm2.5 and 10 levels using the stove, I created this slight suction from inside, I didn't understand if the powders come out of the stove or are volatilized with the high temperature
IMG_20240221_161016.jpg

Maybe the airflow increase from the heat loops and/or fans stirs up the dust and keeps it air borne longer?

I don't have fans, I think the dust comes out of the stove, it's not much anyway, from 10 units pm 2.5 I'm reaching 20 and pm 10 from 20 arrival to 35. I wonder, it seems to me that on the furniture, on the table, we find a light dark powder, not visible, but if I pass a wet cloth, it darkens quite a bit, and in any case in Italy everyone talks about this dust on the furniture, burning wood, does this happen to you too?

I don't have fans, I think the dust comes out of the stove, it's not much anyway, from 10 units pm 2.5 I'm reaching 20 and pm 10 from 20 arrival to 35. I wonder, it seems to me that on the furniture, on the table, we find a light dark powder, not visible, but if I pass a wet cloth, it darkens quite a bit, and in any case in Italy everyone talks about this dust on the furniture, burning wood, does this happen to you too?
Yes more dust during the burning season. maybe some comes off the wood as it waits to be burned next to the stove, some smoke / ash comes out every time the door is open. Ash definitely gets in the indoor air every time you clean the ash out, even with an ash pan. But the ash pan users get less ash release into the air when cleaning vs. shoveling into ash buckets for sure.

Reactions: Prometeo