airwash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtalea

Feeling the Heat
Dec 14, 2005
Bristol, Connecticut
How to improve the airwash on a breckwell p28fs.......all ideas welcome and appreciated

If your running it on very low settings it about useless anyway. Once you crank it up to the mid range and above its starts to help. Can you snap a picture of inside the door? I think its the same as the P23fs, but I haven't seen p28fs. Should be similar though. It involves shiming the plate that covers it with shims/washers. Also make sure the plate is straight and I have seen some techs just replace the gasket and go all the way around the glass, Which disables the airwash completely.

Good answer. I bought this stove used a month ago or so and didnt change the gaskets yet,forgot about the glass gasket..will check it out after this burn...thx

Status
Not open for further replies.