Breckwell P23 Overheating

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mukroc

Dec 1, 2023
Massacchusetts
Having an issue with my Breckwell P23. No matter which setting I have it on (1-5), it is burning extremely hot on all settings. There is no real difference between 1 or 5. Could it be the High Limit Temp Sensor? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

i would think it would be more the board. If the limit switches not sense heat during the startup it is to shut the stove down. Try your different settings and time the pellet drops

i would think it would be more the board. If the limit switches not sense heat during the startup it is to shut the stove down. Try your different settings and time the pellet drops
I just checked the reset trim settings and it was set to the highest pellet drop rate. I changed it to normal. I'll see if that helps. Thanks!

the trim only effects setting #1 your maintenance flame so it does not go out when on 1