1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Al Gore screwed me!

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by FWWARDEN, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leaf4952

leaf4952 Member

Loc:
    The Pocono Mountains upper plateau area, PA
    YES YES, I AGREE ! Dito dito and more dito. I ignore all those Al Gore assholes because quite frankly the earth gonna do its thing. We just gotta be a little more sensitive about how it can come back to bite us in the ass ..then we're gone ! The earths gonna still be here doing fine when we're gone. I work steadily toward the small goals I've set for myself to help in the little ways that I can. I drive a small car, streamline my trips, recycle at home & at work, do not buy anything packaged in glass bottles (transporting this deadweight needlessly burns extra fossil fuel). Yes I know burning wood, oil, or propane leaves a carbon footprint but I'm alot of years away from affording the solar panels I would love to put up on my home. I am looking into choosing my specific "electric supplier" from my electric company. Apparently you can specify which small company actually supplies your actual electric. Although its a small part of the bill compared to all that other crap they charge you for that it takes to get the electric to you. I found out there is an electric supplier which uses wind turbines near me that I may select...I'm gonna do that. And I know that coal leaves a big carbon footprint but I think its a good interum fuel. At least it its American and would help get the middle east monkey off our back while we get our solar & wind sh*t together. Is there really any other choice ?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ihookem

ihookem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Allenton, Wisconsin
    Tree farmer, you got me on that. Kind of like big brother telling everyone to stop smoking but love the tax revenue.
  3. WoodMann

WoodMann Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Mexico
    You have got to be kidding. With that logic we're all gonna be taxed for taking a dump..........
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.