Alaska company coal stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waltdogz

Nov 18, 2014
Southen central New York
I thinking about buying this Alaska company coal stove, not sure the model. Can you burn wood in it? I have only seen pictures of it, the girl doesn't know anything about it and im going to look at it tomorrow. It will come with a complete triple wall chimney kit about 20' of pipe. Also what kind of price should I be looking for again she doesn't know either its all in good condition according to the pictures. it'll be going outside in my barn for use. Any input would help thanks! I attached a picture of the stove for people to see

Attachments

• 2014112495115200.jpg
    2014112495115200.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 314
You probably can burn wood in it, but most likely not efficiently at all. Coal stoves have a different design than wood stoves.

Looks like a Alaska Kodiak. There out of Bloomsburg Pa. Call and talk to them they are very helpful. Bought my Blaze King King from them and they were great. There should be a plate on the back with the model number and serial number. If I remember correctly you can burn wood and coal in some of the earlier Kodiak's. The newer ones just burnt chestnut coal they had a 100 lb hopper.

Alaska Stove
3162 Columbia Blvd.
Bloomsburg, PA 17815

Tel: 570-387-0260
Fax: 570-389-8033

Status
Not open for further replies.