Alderlea T-5 ballpark price

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm....not many DW burners left. Last week I went to the Vermont Castings site to get some comparative info on the DW's, VC isn't even advertising 'em on their new website. Bummer.

Hardrockmaple said:
Hmmm....not many DW burners left. Last week I went to the Vermont Castings site to get some comparative info on the DW's, VC isn't even advertising 'em on their new website. Bummer.

Yes I checked them out and they do look nice and found they are not on the site but think they will have their own site..

Ray

My house is at the extreme upper limits of the T5 (super 27), and it handles it not too bad. Square footage ratings don't always tell the whole tale. Insulation, passive solar gain, etc... can have a huge influnce on a stoves ability to heat an area larger than what they are "officially" rated for. To do it over, I may have gone with the Summit (T6) for those handful of extra cold days, but it probably would have chased me out of the basement where the stove sits.

Hardrockmaple said:

Dang! Raybonz and Certified106 have bailed out on the DW stoves and I just looked at the VC web site and no DW stoves - appears that VC is bailing out on them too - yikes!

I came within a hair of buying a x-large cat DW stove. I still like them and think they are a very good bang for the buck and easy on the eyes too. There still might be one in my future.

Ray - I think you will really like the T5 - I'll be looking for full reports (including cracked welds ... ;) ) later this fall when the temps plunge.

Bill

Ray, congrats on the stove. We must be in a parallel universe as I have an Alderlea T-5 sitting in a warehouse waiting for me to remove my CDW convection stove of about the same era as yours. I have all the stone tile sitting in the garage, waiting for the removal of the old stove, so that along with the new stove we have a new hearth. I haven't been this excited about burning wood for some time. It has never been a chore, and we have enjoyed all the benefits the DW has provided but are really looking forward to a "new" fire. Robin

leeave96 said:
Hardrockmaple said:

Dang! Raybonz and Certified106 have bailed out on the DW stoves and I just looked at the VC web site and no DW stoves - appears that VC is bailing out on them too - yikes!

I came within a hair of buying a x-large cat DW stove. I still like them and think they are a very good bang for the buck and easy on the eyes too. There still might be one in my future.

Ray - I think you will really like the T5 - I'll be looking for full reports (including cracked welds ... ;) ) later this fall when the temps plunge.

Bill

I noticed the DW thing too Bill! I did look at the new VC stoves and I thought they were rugged and good looking (just like me lol) and priced reasonably.. I think the cracked welds are more an isolated thing (or the net would be flooded with complaints) and PE looks like they are backing their warranty.. I just don't know how to handle the hearth thing, something totally new to me and I don't want to mess it up..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.