Alderlea T5 Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow&Flame

Minister of Fire
Jun 6, 2011
Central Arkansas
I am going to travel to a non-local dealer to have a look at this one(grumble...damn friends of the family). I have read about the pros and cons of it on here but I haven't seen anything about firebox dimensions. It seems to take logs N/S of 18", but how deep and wide is the firebox?

Any advice on this stove before I go talk with them?

Thanks

That's a beauty. I believe the firebox is roughly 18.5" square. I think it's the same firebox as the Super 27.

Thanks BeGreen...that would be about right to me. It says on the website that the Alderlea is 2.1cf and the Super is 1.97cf....so not much diff. Very pretty stove, but at a pretty price as well.

Still like the idea of going with a Buck due to the dealer being just a few miles away...O well.
I think it would be so much better to just live on my own!... :coolsmile:

I am looking at a T5 insert as well - how did you make out?

Shadow&Flame; said:
Thanks BeGreen...that would be about right to me. It says on the website that the Alderlea is 2.1cf and the Super is 1.97cf....so not much diff. Very pretty stove, but at a pretty price as well.

Still like the idea of going with a Buck due to the dealer being just a few miles away...O well.
I think it would be so much better to just live on my own!... :coolsmile:

Hmm, I thought the T5 had a bigger firebox.

Nope, the T6 is the big boy and they are not making it in an insert yet.

Still havent had a chance to go and look at it. Planning a trip this week to see it and check out some of the other brands they carry for comparison. Every time I go and start looking
around at stoves the price seems to be creeping up on the ones we look at...'Oh I like that one better'... :blank:

Still looking thou...

Has anyone used the Home Saver Ultra Pro Stainless liner? That is the type my installer said he likes to use...

Status
Not open for further replies.