Alderlea T6 info needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowtime

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2007
northern BC
Alderlea is at the top of my list now and I need some feed back from owners. If I keep a steamer on top do I need to keep the top cast grates open or will the cast heat up enough to work the steamer? I suspect I will need to keep the top open.
I will have 5' single wall and 12' of class A 6" pipe. My second choice VC Defiant takes an 8" and will do with a 6". I am thinking that the T6 will draft better because it's made for 6". Also I like the simple reliability of the steel fire box.
Are there any tricks to assembly? I have built 2 log homes and many outbuildings so I do not foresee any special difficulties but there sometimes are tricks to make things go smoothly. No dealer will come out here so everything is owner built.

Thats good. Wife will like the top closed normally. I have always kept a steamer on top of our stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.