Allnighter Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

They Call Me Pete

Burning Hunk
Nov 18, 2007
CT
Renting a buddies house with one in the basement and wondering if a lot of heat going up chimney without a damper. My parents had one on our wood stove but that was a loonnnggg time ago. I sure miss my soapstone I had in the house we sold but happy to be back on the forum :)

Allnighter Moe as it says on the door. Pipe into chimney. Seems to chug along and pour smoke out the chimney all day. Getting a thermometer to put on the pipe in the AM. Not sure it's even getting up to temps. Will say wood isn't the greatest but dry. This whole rent thing came late in the year. Pellet stove upstairs is working just fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.