Alone in the Wilderness

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably shouldnt' have appended an old thread but if you liked Alone in the Wilderness, I watched a great film last night called 'Happy People - A Year in the Taiga' sort of Alone in the Wilderness, Derzu Uzala and Dead River Rough Cut mixed together about a Siberian village and trapping outpost and the sable trappers who live in remote tributaries of the Yenisei River. Well worth the watch.

Reactions: Billybonfire
I don't really have to explain this to any of the guys from around here, but outside of the "big" cities in this state, it's pretty much a self sufficient setting. I know several people still on the road system that don't have power outside of a generator.

Shoot, when I first moved in my house in 08 I only had power and gas from the grid. No cable, phone, mail route, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.