AM FM ENERGY advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dubbz

Jan 18, 2007
Pocono Mts, Pennsylvania
Tired of nursing another winter out of my 20 year old Breckwell p24 insert.Just got off the phone with Andy from AM FM and does sound like a straight up guy as the board suggests.I'd like to hear from anyone who bought the 25 EPI fireplace insert on any problems, install advice or performance issues. I'm thinking real strong on ordering one. Can't beat the price (1199) for a basically new stove gone over by factory techs. Hope to hear from some members.

I know GrahamInVa has a freestander. Maybe shoot him a PM.

Bought an EP a couple months ago from Andy to replace my pdvc.....Love it!!! Also great/easy transaction from Am/Fm.......

Can't speak to the EP directly, but Englanders Customer Service, and the trouble-free time I had with Andy made a believer out of me. And as you said, getting a basically "new" stove for a great price was the clincher for me. And free shipping to boot!!!

Just bought a new CPM for a refurb price (brand new factory second), will be here this week...

This is my 3rd Englander. GrahaminVa has the freestander as Smoke said. He had it the full season and seemed to love it. Great stove and a great price..

Hard to beat Englanders customer service.. I like being my own tech and do everything myself. So these stoves suit me just fine ;)

Like the others, I don't have an EP but I bought my PAH from Andy a few months ago and I was very happy with the process.

a little "insider info" the refurbished stoves are "refurbished" for the most part by me. with help from some of my techs. and andy is very easy to deal with.

Yep... Andy seema like a "Good Guy". As for the Stoves. I learned this week, that you can sometimes get a New stove at the Refurb price (factory second). My CPM will be here tomorrow (4/12/12) around 4:00 p.m. (Yeah!)

Also Mike, how does the CDV stack up against the CPM. I was looking long and hard that stove on Andy's site. Seems like a solid stove. Even states that the CDV was Englanders best Pellet burning unit. Just wonderin...??

Hello

I am learning how fantastic the ESW's control boards are. Since they control the Air On Temp, the Hi/Lo feature really works because there is no damper to readjust when switching from Hi to Lo like some other brand stove's control boards. Also every other stove I have refurbushed has had at least one snap disc go bad. ESW's much smarter brain control board does not use the archaic snap discs so far less can go wrong. ESW does use vacuum switches but I have never seen much go wrong except after many years you need to cut back or replace the vacuum line. Cheap easy fix! They are very rugged stoves by far!

Yep... Andy seema like a "Good Guy". As for the Stoves. I learned this week, that you can sometimes get a New stove at the Refurb price (factory second). My CPM will be here tomorrow (4/12/12) around 4:00 p.m. (Yeah!)

Also Mike, how does the CDV stack up against the CPM. I was looking long and hard that stove on Andy's site. Seems like a solid stove. Even states that the CDV was Englanders best Pellet burning unit. Just wonderin...??

it was a solid unit, the one he lists currently is one i rebuilt a few months back, worked like a swiss watch. the CPM spelled the doom for teh CDV both heat the same sq footage and the CDV doesnt have auto ignite. both are great stoves but with the lack of auto ignite and obviously on/off t-stat capability the CPM took over the "slot" the CDV occupied in our line. personally i hated to see it go it was a very trouble free unit solid heater and wow it was a great corn burner as well as a solid pellet burner. i can still support the unit and will be able to for years to come due to our "commonality of parts" intent when building. i expect andy has a pretty good price on it as well, if its under a grand its a heck of a price.

Status
Not open for further replies.