Am I the only one with too much heat?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although Kozy doesn't seem to offer an inline blower to get the heat down to the basement office, I don't see why one couldn't be setup pulling hot air off one of those top takeoffs. It's done with other fireplaces.

That is an interesting idea Begreen. Are there any drawbacks I should know about when moving downward? I wish I had known about trying that before the chase was built. Maybe I could build out the side of the chase and make room for duct work to go to the basement. Has anyone out there done this?

It's an option on RSF fireplaces. They call it the heat dump kit. From their site:

Heat Dump Kit

img_chemi_comple.jpg

This option is available on the Topaz, Chameleon, Opel and Onyx fireplaces. The Heat Dump Kit uses a small fan to direct a moderate amount of warm air from the fireplace to another room. It is most often used to provide supplemental heating to a basement room when the fireplace is on the main floor.

If you look at Scotty's install you can see the heat takeoffs in this posting:
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...nz3000-what-a-quest.74273/page-4#post-1256602

Thanks for all the input. I tried it, just putting a simple box fan in that entryway blowing into the hot room it does move a lot of air out of there. I can stand upstairs on the balcony and feel the heat rising. Next what I'll try is reversing that blower I put in years ago between the floors to blow down into the room instead of sucking out of it. I don't have real high hopes for this experiment since it will dump the incoming air right in front of that entryway but it's worth a try anyway. On to the next problem. I'm not always the best speller. Is there a spell check on this thing?:p

Status
Not open for further replies.