Am I wrong?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cuznvin said:
Newbie here. Saw this on Craigslist. Is the venting on thisunit hooked up right? I thought an OAK had to be a distance from the exhaust.. Think this is a good deal?

http://longisland.craigslist.org/app/2689841505.html

It depends upon the stove the distance is usually from the oak to the termination. Manual is controlling.

Personally, I have a problem with an OAK terminating above the venting.

as long as the intake is lower than the exhaust by a few inches, it will be fine. smoke rises.

It looks like a good deal. Show up with 1500.00 cash and make the offer. Also it is not cool to the touch. The sides and top and back are cool to the touch. The front area is hot and will burn you. The glass gets extremely hot like any stove with glass would do. It is still not a danger. Just wanted to warn you.

Good to know. One dealer told me that because I wanted an OAK, they couldnt just go straight out and had to go up 4 feet or something...

I'd check the manufacture date and make damn sure its only 3 yrs old.

Not sure that I can believe this statement. "The room that it is in does not get any hotter than the rest of the house." Looks like a good buy though. Long Island doesn't normally get very cold winters, so the stove has probably not seen much use.

PA_Clinker said:
Not sure that I can believe this statement. "The room that it is in does not get any hotter than the rest of the house." Looks like a good buy though. Long Island doesn't normally get very cold winters, so the stove has probably not seen much use.

Ya, I dont believe that either. I never buy used anything so I am very leary about buying this used. Long Island gets cold enough for me!!!Im cold already!!

SmokeyTheBear said:

It is thirty three feet from my OAK to the chimney cap Smokey. It that OK?

BrotherBart said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

It is thirty three feet from my OAK to the chimney cap Smokey. It that OK?

Now BrotherBart that is a separation I can live with, no chance of polluting my burn air. ;-)

My oak surrounds the vent in my Selkirk pipe... 1/16" away from each other...

Status
Not open for further replies.