Amazing Service

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur Feral

Minister of Fire
Aug 24, 2014
Eastern Pennsylvania
Posting this both here and on the "other" pellet forum, in case you also read both.

We ordered from Bucks Pellets for the first time this year, and just received our annual supply (four tons, which is less than normal because we had so much left over from last year's warm winter). I contacted them via email to their website a few weeks back and found that we are outside their normal delivery area. But they work with a nursery in their county that delivers over our way from time to time and agreed to put our delivery onto one of their trucks. We handled the whole thing by email, which was extremely convenient. I just dropped a check in the mail to them, and they coordinated everything else without a hassle and called me to make sure I knew the delivery date when I failed to respond to that email (I got busy). It was "white glove" service for the entire experience and a fair price on the pellets. The real test, though, came when there was a small problem.

I had asked that our pellets be delivered to a particular spot in our driveway that would block one garage door but not the other. But when I arrived home, the pellets were in front of the wrong door. I called Bucks Pellets and left a quick message before running off to some meetings. Bucks Pellets responded with flying colors, turning their truck around and sending the driver back to move the pellets to the right spot. And these folks are located two counties away, so it would have been easy to just apologize and not particularly care whether they solved the problem. But they DID solve it, quickly and without anything more than a quick message from me. And then I got a phone call to apologize and make sure things were right from not one, but two people at the company - including their owner.

The way I see it, small mistakes are going to happen now and then (I own a small business as well and know that despite our best efforts, things happen). But the service up to that point had been amazing, and the way they handled the problem was world class (and fast). Our search for a new pellet supplier is over if I can convince these folks to continue serving our county. This was the easiest buying experience I've had in a long time, with service that impressed me. Excellent work, Bucks Pellets. Worthy of a post to let others know. Thank you.

Well done Bucks! Hope you can convince them to keep you county in the loop ... it's likely in their best interest to do so. I've seen them mentioned a couple of times here lately. Any fees for the delivery?

Status
Not open for further replies.