American Harvest 6039 burn time?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mallen

Dec 29, 2017
Kentucky
New to the forum trying to figure out how to increase the burn time of a American harvest 6039. The stove is the later model with manual draft and a three button A B C panel. The heat output of the stove is great, no problems there. Currently running it on heat range 4, blower range 5. The unit is in a 1100 square feet underground home. I am running the fresh air duct inside the home, the exhaust is running horizontally outside using a 3 foot pipe. The fuel being used is somerset brand pellets.
My issue with the stove is I'm only getting at most 14 hour run time out of a 40 pound bag of pellets. I've been researching threads on here and will continue to do so for adjustment. I know the manual draft needs to be pulled out around 1 inch. My first plan of action is to slow down the auger feed rate. From what I understand an adjustment should be made and then taking 30 min or so to see the result before making another change.
Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Checked the settings on the stove today to find where the adjustments were set at.
A setting (Auger run time in the manual) was set on 5
B setting (combustion air blower) was on 3
I tried to lower the "A" from 5 down to 4 and then after a hour or so down to 3. The heat output didn't seem to change by lowering the number. I was expecting it to slow the cycling down on the auger feeding it pellets.
The auger seems to cycle (feed) every 10 to 11 seconds for roughly a 5 second time period regardless of the number on the "A" setting.