American Wood Fiber (AWF) Pellet Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, your stove is tougher than my stove.

Traegers do have pretty wimpy drives. I have a Tareger pellet grill. The auger drive is cheap and wimpy.

We had AWF hardwoods earlier in the season and had no problem - they burned well with average amount of fines and ash. We are currently burning 30 bags of AWF White Pine and can't wait to be done with them - do not like them AT ALL. The glass is dirty - almost black - after less than one day. There are so many fines in each bag its just ridiculous. While we were out today, our stove turned off for the first time ever with a "missed ignition" error code. Our manual says the error is an ignitor or some other part (which its not, because we started the stove again no problem after I moved around the pellets in the hopper) or bridging. I also noticed a large number of long pellets in this batch. I had heard such good things about them so I was hoping to really like them but I won't be buying them again.

If the current export trend continues, next year will be get whatever you can and like it. Glad I live in the corn belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.