And I thought CL had settled down.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maplewood said:
Delta-T said:
I'm a little reluctant to let you all in on this one, but since you ARE the best of the best in the hearth world I guess I can share.

Little does everyone know, Dylithium Crystals are made from pine sap. Thats right, the nearly limitless power that can propell Capt Kirk and Picard at multiples of the speed of light, comes from pine. Therefore, it is especially dangerous to attempt to control such forces with your mere woodstoves. If your stove happens to demonstrate an uncanny electromagnetic field or you can sense "extra" gravity when near your stove it may already be too late. Many of the dangers associated with this phenomenon can be mitigated with propper seasoning and a descent brushing, but always consult your friendly neighborhood astro-physacist before undertaking such ventures on your own. :cheese:

Oh - just beam me up, Scotty, and get it over with!
:)
But send the Craigs List advertiser to Klingon...

I think you mean send the advertiser to Kronos . . . the home planet of the Klingons . . . the Klingons are the people, Kronos (aka Klinzhai, Kling and Qo'noS in some versions) is the planet . . . and yes, I am a geek. ;)

firefighterjake said:
...and yes, I am a geek. ;)

Just beam Uhura over to my place and you are forgiven being a geek.

Just remember, Bart, that at this point, Uhura is older than you and I can guarantee that she don't look like she used to!

I'd like to nominate this thread for the "greatest digression of the year" award. We started on a craigslist ad for elm, moved to idiots in general, somehow found ourselves discussing the grave danger posed by burning pine and here we have now jumped to Star Trek. Man this is great. If someone could bring this full circle and tie in beer somehow....I would be extremely happy.

So, I was sitting on my patio last night, watching my elm season after just watching the Star Trek marathon on the SciFi channel when this idiot next door was playing catch with his son and missed the ball and knocked over my beer.

stee6043 said:
I'd like to nominate this thread for the "greatest digression of the year" award. We started on a craigslist ad for elm, moved to idiots in general, somehow found ourselves discussing the grave danger posed by burning pine and here we have now jumped to Star Trek. Man this is great. If someone could bring this full circle and tie in beer somehow....I would be extremely happy.

If you pour beer on pine, the alcohol will cause it to seaon faster. But the hops will cause twice the creasote...and lead to a malty chimney fire.

Skier76 said:
If you pour beer on pine...
I know if you pour it on your lawn the grass will be half cut.

LLigetfa said:
Skier76 said:
If you pour beer on pine...
I know if you pour it on your lawn the grass will be half cut.

I've heard that mowing the grass near elms leads to Dutch Elm Disease though. ;) :) . . . There, I think I might have brought this thread back around to the original post . . . but while I'm posting . . . what is the best brand to mow your lawn . . . and the digression continues. ;) :)

Blatz, if you can still find some.

With enough beer Uhura would probably look good even today. :lol:

firefighterjake said:
I've heard that mowing the grass near elms leads to Dutch Elm Disease though.
Any tree can be stressed from being mowed around. I've killed a few of them by nicking their stump with the lip of the deck and some, like Birch just don't like their roots trampled. Mowing and beer are not a good combination for the trees.

BrotherBart said:
With enough beer Uhura would probably look good even today. :lol:

But which Uhura . . . the original or the revamped 2009 version?

LLigetfa said:
Mowing and beer are not a good combination for the trees.

Then the trees will have to go

blades said:
Blatz, if you can still find some.

You do have to look pretty hard these days. When I was in college, I bartended at a place that only a few college kids went to and it was actually a good place to study but over time, it became more and more popular with the college crowd. We only had Blatz on tap but the co-eds kept requesting pitchers of about every kind of beer you could imagine. For a while, I would explain to them that we only had Blatz, but then gave up and just poured them their pitcher of (insert beer name here) and sent them on their way. I don't think any of them ever figured it out.

SolarAndWood said:
LLigetfa said:
Mowing and beer are not a good combination for the trees.

Then the trees will have to go
Agreed. They all end up as firewood.

I can't believe we have Blatz fans in here. Check out my fridge in the garage right now, fellas. Took this a few days ago. No lie....you can buy every beer ever made in Indiana (I think). ha.

6529_100183526662693_100000131372440_2403_6645327_n.jpg

Stee6043- What? No Meister Brau with wide mouth can?

stee6043 said:
I can't believe we have Blatz fans in here. Check out my fridge in the garage right now, fellas. Took this a few days ago. No lie....you can buy every beer ever made in Indiana (I think). ha.

6529_100183526662693_100000131372440_2403_6645327_n.jpg

I love this picture. Reminds me of my beer can collection from 30+ years ago. You can't find that stuff around here, except for the Coors, but even that can is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.