1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Another CL score

Post in 'The Gear' started by precaud, Aug 5, 2010.

1. precaud

precaud Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sunny New Mexico
    No, I didn't need it, but at $175 it was too good a deal to pass up A nice Dolmar PS420 in excellent condition. Bought from an tall, older gent (older than me, not quite as tall...) who bought it March of last year, used it that spring, his back got worse, doc told him to stop lifting heavy stuff, wife told him to sell his woodcutting gear. Sprocket shows very little wear, it's super-clean inside and out, came with manual and accessories, even their warranty card. Helluva deal.

The 18" bar looks weird and makes the saw feel front-heavy, so I'll put a 14" or 16" on it soon.

Attached Files:

• 420a.jpg
      420a.jpg
      File size:
      99.7 KB
      Views:
    • 420b.jpg
      420b.jpg
      File size:
      102.1 KB
      Views:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    18 inchs is nose heavy....Nice saw btw!
  3. precaud

precaud Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sunny New Mexico
  4. timchuck

timchuck New Member

Loc:
    SW Ohio
    Nice score. I bought my 420 off CL this winter. A heck of a saw. Mine came with a 16" bar. I like a longer bar so I put an 18 on mine with no problems. Whatever your preference is. The bar is the same one used on the Poulan Pro, and a bunch of craftsmen saws so you can pick one of those up very cheap (as long as you can do without the dolmar on the bar). The chain is also very common so no problem picking up an extra or two. I'm itching for a 510 now but with just cutting firewood for myself the 420 is all I need. Plus I like the fact it uses the same bar and chain as my backup Poulan.
  5. precaud

precaud Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sunny New Mexico
    Hey tim, glad you like your 420. Are you interested in this 18" bar and chain (a Carlton N1, looks barely used) ? I really don't think I'll be using it. I have an 18" bar on my 5100 but it doesn't fit it.