Another fisher baffle (pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

weezer4117

Feeling the Heat
Dec 23, 2008
central In
night and day difference in this old fisher insert...

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 626
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 596
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 613
Nice, what did you use for the baffle? Now you need to work on those secondary burn tubes.

i used angle iron, one piece of flat steel ( to support the firebrick at the seam), and 6 firebricks. the legs are 3" X 20"W X 14"L. how i determined the length was laying one firebrick longways and one sideways, put them together and that was my length. the secondary tubes are another option i can add, however, the difference that baffle makes (heat wise, efficiency wise, smoke wise) is like i said night and day. and surprisingly i can maintain a good stack temp (300 to 500). if i do make the move it will be next year. the main reason this was done was to keep the flames out of the chimney, as you can tell the flu is on top and flames would shoot rite up the chimney (very uncomfortable)

Sweet. I'll bet there's less smoke coming out of the chimney too.

Nice job. I too have a modded Fisher stove. Without the baffle heat would go right up the stove pipe, flue temps would be sky high, a baffle makes a big deference.

I just finished my second iteration of secondary air/ baffle, etc. on my Fisher Grandma Bear, I will post some pics soon.

WES999 said:
Nice job. I too have a modded Fisher stove. Without the baffle heat would go right up the stove pipe, flue temps would be sky high, a baffle makes a big deference.

I just finished my second iteration of secondary air/ baffle, etc. on my Fisher Grandma Bear, I will post some pics soon.

i would be interested in seeing pics of the secondary mod. as i am looking into doing this next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.