Another storm this week .....get stoves clean, generators ready.......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The weather computer models are projecting some nasty stuff over 29 states, and I sure hope they are wrong. This has been a tough season for the North East areas, they really could use a break, but the weather experts say we are in a pattern that we have not seen in many years. Lets hope this snow isnt very bad, but always good to be ready and have the pellets on hand.

Have decided that i am ready for any of it and will just look out the window in the morning from now on and react accordingly. Just another day.

m159267 said:
Best wishes to you eastern folks -- you definitely don't need anymore. Looks like just south of St. Louis will be getting .5" to over 1" of ice. St. Louis - ice with 8-12" of snow. My area (NW of St. Louis) is due for ice then 12-24". Blizzard conditions in Chicago. Calling for -7F Wed night (that means -10 to -12 for us). I know that's sunbathing weather for some of you but pretty cold in these parts. Just today I picked up a Honda EU2000i generator for the stove. I can guarantee we will be without power for an extended length of time. Rural areas always drop to the bottom of the 'restoring power' list.

Honda has a nice fuel expansion system for that generator and it is an excellent generator.

I hope you don't need to use it, but if you do you should be fine.

Hello

Here we go again !! See Expected Snowfall Map in VT,MA,NH and ME for tomorrow - Tues and Wed !!!

House was warm enough Sunday night as it went down to 0.0 deg outside with heat setting (Feed Rate) set to 3 3.22 lbs per hr

Attachments

• snowstorm01-31-2011expMap.jpg
    snowstorm01-31-2011expMap.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 181
Hello

More snow then they originally thought! 20 - 25 for sNH !!

Heck I got 7" already!

House is toasty with pellet stove on feed rate 2 - 2.46 lbs / hr during the day tuesday (2-1-2011) at 19.0 deg outside

Attachments

• snowstorm01-31-2011expMapUpdated.jpg
    snowstorm01-31-2011expMapUpdated.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 152
Live in town, no generator needed, out of town has to wait till were on line.

SmokeyTheBear said:
slls said:
Live in town, no generator needed, out of town has to wait till were on line.

Unfortunately, sometimes even that doesn't work.

If your talking about 1-98, we were out 2 1/2 days, out of town some 2 weeks. Rare event, so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.