Any feedback on the Napoleon 1402 insert??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed a 1402 in april of this year and have to say I love it! Of course going from a smoke dragon with no liner at all to this one is no comparison. It has more than met my expectations as far as the heat it cranks out. Can't wait to see what a difference it makes this winter! Just wanted to add that I'm pretty sure I saw in the owners manual they consider overfiring over 700 dergrees. I can't find my maual at the moment but I think it was on the front cover. And the blowers seem fairly quiet as well.

Crawfish

Finally got my answer direct from Napoleon. According to them, " A stovetop thermometer placed directly on the ledge on top of the stove should read between 450-500 degrees farenheit for maximum effenciency. When the temperature exceeds approximately 700 degrees, you are entering an overfire condition." Finally some hard numbers from the manufacturer.

Yeah Nap deserves a lot of credit for actually putting a overfire temperature in some of the manuals. One of the very few that do.

"- KEEP THE STOVE TOP TEMPERATURE BELOW 700°F (371°C). Attempts to achieve
heat output rates that exceed design specifications can result in steel distortion and
damage."

From the manual for the 1402.

Status
Not open for further replies.