Any Good Deals On Pellets In Vermont?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDPVT

Sep 26, 2008
Vermont
Looking for 3 tons of pellets in the Rutland area. I did a prebuy in the spring but need more pellets to finish the season. My dealer only has pellets now for customers who bought stoves.

i'm in springfield vt, hard to find tons around here too. the local place is only selling bags, when they have them. lots of local places say nothing more this winter.

i recently had a ton delivered from claremont nh for $319 plus $30 shipping. another place in claremont called yesterday and told me they have tons available now. probably too far for you, though. maybe you could rent a uhaul?

Stove depot on south main, all kinds $305 a ton. Got 1 ton there yesterday....some at Gilmore home center, All are about $6 a bag. Best I could find

Here on long island, NY the cheapest I have seen them is 349 a ton, but usually 379 or more. Outrageous if you ask me - can't claim a fuel surcharge with gasoline well below 2 bucks a gallon. I am down to a pallet and a half - this may be it for the season. As it is I now only use the stove during the late afternoon and evening before bed during the work week - a bit more on the weekends but almost always on a low burn. Regardless, after 10:00 pm its the oil furnace if temps in the house get below 66.

I have a U shaped house - the oil furnace keeps the bedrooms warm at night, the pellet stove keeps the living areas toasty during the day and early evening.

Boy some of you guys are getting ripped off. I would use my pellet stove as a boat anchor before I would spend over $300. for pellets. I got most of my pellets in the $230 to $240 range in Maine. I am glad I got my four tons when it was still hot outside. Sorry about not answering your original question but I had to comment when I saw what you were paying.

To all who are struggling to find reasonably priced pellet fuel,

I have been working hard to form my company to become the first true "state of the art" hybrid wood pellet distributor here in the Vermont area. My company's name is New England Bioenergy and I am committed to providing the New England area the finest hybrid wood pellets at a reasonable market price. I went on a mission this past summer after my share of dealing with all the negatives that I witnessed first hand with regards to pellet scarcity. I set out with the simple need , to keep my family warm this winter at a reasonably affordable price. I have burned these hybrids in my stove and I am impressed at their longevity and their overall heat output. Not to mention their low ash content. I have a Harman P61A wood pellet stove as my main source of heat. I utilize the CVP'S smart energy program for my hot water supply. It has been three years since I left oil behind and I am proud of it!
I have a blend of 85 % wood product and 15% prairie grass in this hybrid pellet composition. The laboratory tested them as having 1.27% ash content. Let me preface this by stating that first of all, it is not recognized by the Pellet Fuel Institute because it is not a 100% wood product. That being said, if it were, a premium grade 100% wood pellet it would have an ash content of 1% or less. As you can see it very close to being"labeled" a premium wood pellet. All in all, what I am offering is a superior grade, hybrid wood pellet which has a heat rating average of 8,300 BTU's.
The pellet company is located in Healy, Kansas and you can view this above information at the posted website below. Browse over the website and you will see this is a farmer's cooperative, manufacturing these fine hybrid wood pellets right here in America! I have great pride, knowing that I am dealing with our American farmer's. l feel this type of composition will become a staple in the future of biomass fuels. As I speak, I am accepting pre buy orders only. Once I reach the 22 pellet minimum order, you can expect delivery 10 days from that point. I can only offer you to pre-buy your pellets, because I am just establishing this distributorship, and I have to order 22 pallet truckloads minimum. Please contact me if you interested in ordering these eco-friendly hybrid pellets. Price per ton is $280.00.

You may reach me at (802)483-2662 for all ordering. Preferably call after 6:00 PM.

Sincerely,
Jimmy Kingston
New England Bioenergy
www.prairiefirecoop.com

bennington area has them in walmart 289.00 ton,home depot 299.00 ton.danby vermont at crosbys hardware store.

jsvo said:
bennington area has them in walmart 289.00 ton,home depot 299.00 ton.danby vermont at crosbys hardware store.
I'd check with Crosby's first. Not sure of the prices. Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.